Sicily, home to more than a dozen rivers, boasts a Mediterranean climate, which means that its summers are hot and dry and winters warm and mild, making the months of December through February a great time to visit for those who’d prefer to avoid the heat though the bulk of tourists show up in the summer. Rent one of our charming villas and soak up the winter beauty of Sicily!
Christmas and New Year’s is a magical time to visit that enchanting island, when you can witness all the colorful traditions and participate in the festivities of the holiday season. Christmas celebrations in Sicily begin in earnest on 8th December, when families traditionally start decorating their homes for the festive season.
Perhaps the best thing about spending Christmas in Sicily is that you don't have to trek off to a particular locality. Even the smallest towns have their own traditions, all essentially Christian in tone. And of course: everywere will be a glorious parade of the best food you can imagine.
Christmas markets in Sicily are one of our favorite part! Not only are they beautiful and atmospheric (and a great place to get that holiday shopping done), but they make for an especially fun way to get to know an area’s local traditions, delicacies and artisans. Since we love sustainable and immersive travel, we think that’s always a plus!
Christmas cribs and Handkraft Markets in
- Taormina (ME) from the 16th of December to the 6th of January
- Capo d'Orlando (ME) from the 8th of December to the 7th of January
- Catania (CT) from the 8th of December to the 7th of January
- Caltagirone (CT) from the 25th of November to the 7th of January
- Mineo (CT) from the 8th of December to the 6th of January
- Enna (EN) from the 8th of December to the 7th of January
- Siracusa (SR) from the 13th of December to the 6th of January
- Palazzolo Acreide (SR) from the 8th of December to the 6th of January
- Marsala (TP) from the 8th of December to the 6th of January
Take a look at our charming villas in the holiday rentals section, make a free enquire and enjoy your Christmas 2018 with SunTripSicily!